Welcome to Nanoscience & Energy Materials Lab at School of Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER) Thiruvananthapuram. We are involved in multifunctional nanomaterials research with specific applications in Alternative Energy Storage. We design novel materials and fabricate high performance devices for various energy-related applications. Our research focuses on the materials science and physics of various energy storage systems. Some of our broad areas of interest include Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, 2-dimensional layered nanostructures, Supercapacitors, Lithium and Sodium batteries, Gas storage. We do various experimental analyses to understand the underlying physical phenomena in these systems.
- "Graphene derived carbon confined sulphur cathodes for Li-S batteries: Electrochemical impedance studies" Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- "Li-ion capacitor based on activated rice husk derived porous carbon with improved electrochemical performance" Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- TiO2 fiber/particle nanohybrids as efficient anodes for Lithium ion battery", RSC Adv., (2016),
- “Layered P2-type Na0.5Ni0.25Mn0.75O2
as a high performance cathode material for sodium-ion batteries”
Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- "Controllable growth of few-layer spiral WS2", RSC Advances (2016)
- "Cao nanocrystals grown over SiO2 microtubes for efficient CO2 capture: organogel sets the platform", Chem. Commun., (2016)
- "3-Dimensionally interconnected networks of graphene and flower-like cobalt oxide microstructures with improved lithium storage", Adv. Mater. Interfaces, (2016)
News & Highlights
- Congrats Dijo & Athira for winning the best poster award at the IUMRS-ICYRAM 2016, Bangalore (11-15 Dec 2016)
- Congrats Aswathi for the recent article published in Electrochim. Acta
- Congrats Binson for the new article published in Electrochim. Acta
- Two articles got published last week, in Electrochemical Acta and RSC Advances.
- Prasad and Binson won the best poster awards at the International conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience & Technology-'Cochin Nano 2016' at Kochi, India. Congrats!
- Dr. Shaijumon presented our recent work on 'Electrochemical synthesis of MoS2 QDs' at the 2015 MRS Fall meeting at Boston, USA (3rd Dec 2015)
- Dr. Shaijumon has been shortlisted to present to the National Core Committee meeting for the Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2015 (November 2015)
- Our recent work on '3-Dimensionally Interconnected Networks of Graphene and Flower-like Cobalt Oxide Microstructures with improved Lithium storage' has been accepted for publication in Advanced Materials Interfaces. Congrats to all!
Dr. M. M. Shaijumon
School of Physics
Engineering College PO
Email: shaiju at iisertvm.ac.in