Welcome to Nanoscience & Energy Materials Lab at School of Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER) Thiruvananthapuram. We are involved in multifunctional nanomaterials research with specific applications in Alternative Energy Storage. We design novel materials and fabricate high performance devices for various energy-related applications. Our research focuses on the materials science and physics of various energy storage systems. Some of our broad areas of interest include Carbon nanotubes, Graphene, 2-dimensional layered nanostructures, Supercapacitors, Lithium and Sodium batteries, Gas storage. We do various experimental analyses to understand the underlying physical phenomena in these systems.
- "Graphene derived carbon confined sulphur cathodes for Li-S batteries: Electrochemical impedance studies" Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- "Li-ion capacitor based on activated rice husk derived porous carbon with improved electrochemical performance" Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- TiO2 fiber/particle nanohybrids as efficient anodes for Lithium ion battery", RSC Adv., (2016),
- “Layered P2-type Na0.5Ni0.25Mn0.75O2
as a high performance cathode material for sodium-ion batteries”
Electrochim. Acta, (2016)
- "Controllable growth of few-layer spiral WS2", RSC Advances (2016)
- "Cao nanocrystals grown over SiO2 microtubes for efficient CO2 capture: organogel sets the platform", Chem. Commun., (2016)
- "3-Dimensionally interconnected networks of graphene and flower-like cobalt oxide microstructures with improved lithium storage", Adv. Mater. Interfaces, (2016)
News & Highlights
- Aswathi has successfully defended her thesis, congratulations!
- Congrats Dijo & Athira for winning the best poster award at the IUMRS-ICYRAM 2016, Bangalore (11-15 Dec 2016)
- Congrats Aswathi for the recent article published in Electrochim. Acta
- Congrats Binson for the new article published in Electrochim. Acta
- Two articles got published last week, in Electrochemical Acta and RSC Advances.
- Prasad and Binson won the best poster awards at the International conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience & Technology-'Cochin Nano 2016' at Kochi, India. Congrats!
- Dr. Shaijumon presented our recent work on 'Electrochemical synthesis of MoS2 QDs' at the 2015 MRS Fall meeting at Boston, USA (3rd Dec 2015)
- Dr. Shaijumon has been shortlisted to present to the National Core Committee meeting for the Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2015 (November 2015)
Dr. M. M. Shaijumon
School of Physics
Engineering College PO
Email: shaiju at iisertvm.ac.in