Peer Reviewed Journals
- Arijit Kayal, Prahalad Barman, Prasad V Sarma, Manikoth M Shaijumon, Rajeev Kini, Joy Mitra, “Symmetric domain segmentation in WS2 flakes: correlating spatially resolved photoluminescence, conductance with valley polarization ”, Nanotechnology, (2022) Just accepted.
- Vishnu Surendran; Radhika Krishna Hema; Muhammed Shafeek Oliyantakath Hassan; Vinesh Vijayan; Manikoth M. Shaijumon, “Open or Closed? Elucidating the Correlation between Micropore Nature and Sodium Storage Mechanisms in Hard Carbon”, Batteries & Supercaps, (2022, e202200316)
- Vardhini, Gudla ; Suriyakumar, Shruti; Shaijumon, Manikoth, “All-Organic Potassium Ion Hybrid Capacitor”,ACS Applied Energy Mater., (2022 , 5, 9595−9604.
- Prasad V Sarma, Renjith Nadarajan, Ritesh Kumar, Riya Mol Patinharayil, Navya Biju, Sreevidya Narayanan, Guanhui Gao, Chandra Sekhar Tiwary, Madhu Thalakulam, Rajeev N Kini, Abhishek K Singh, Pulickel M Ajayan and Manikoth M Shaijumon, “Growth of highly crystalline ultrathin two-dimensional selenene”, 2D Materials, (2022), 9, 045004.
- Naduvile Purayil Dileep, Lakshmi Kollenchery Puthenveettil, Stephen Nagaraju, Myakala, and Manikoth M.Shaijumon, “Electrophoretically-deposited BiSbSe3 nanoparticles as highly efficient electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction”, Applied Materials Today, (2022), 27, 101502.
- Shruti Suriyakumar, Akash Varma, Vishnu Surendran, Kabeer Jasuja, and Manikoth M.Shaijumon "Nanosheets Derived through Dissolution-Recrystallization of TiB2 as Efficient Anode for Sodium-Ion Batteries", Batteries & Supercaps (2022), 5, e202100243.
- Shibu P.Varghese, Binson Babu, Vishnu Surendran, Dijo Damien, Rosy Antony, and Manikoth M. Shaijumon "γ-MnOOH-graphene nanocomposite as promising anode material for Li-ion capacitors", J. Energy Storage, (2022), 47, 103636.
- Prahalad Kanti Barman, Prasad V Sarma, Dr. M. M. Shaijumon, and Dr. Rajeev N Kini "Resonant-Raman study of Fröhlich exciton–phonon interaction in WS2 nanostructures", Eur. Phys. J. Spec. Top. (2021), 231,743-748.
- Vishnu Surendran, Ashique Lal, and M. M. Shaijumon "Mass Balancing of Hybrid Ion Capacitor Electrodes: A Simple and Generalised Semi-empirical Approach", ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, (2021), 13, 44, 52610–52619.
- P. Riya Mol, Prahalad Kanti Barman, Prasad V. Sarma, Abhishek S. Kumar,Satyam Sahu, Manikoth M. Shaijumon, and Rajeev N. Kini "Anomalously polarised emission from a MoS2/WS2 heterostructure", Nanoscale Adv., (2021), 3, 5676-5682.
- Naduvile Purayil Dileep, Prasad V. Sarma, Ranjith Prasannachandran, Vishnu Surendran, and M. M. Shaijumon "Electrostatically Coupled Nanostructured Co(OH)2−MoS2 Heterostructures for Enhanced Alkaline Hydrogen Evolution", ACS Applied Nano Mater., (2021), 4, 7206–7212.
- B. Babu and M. M. Shaijumon,"Understanding how degree of crystallinity affects electrochemical kinetics of sodium-ion in brown TiO2 nanotubes", ChemElectroChem,(2021), 8, 1–7.
- V. Surendran, R. S. Arya, T. V. Vineesh, B. Babu, and M. M. Shaijumon,
"Engineered Carbon Electrodes for High Performance Capacitive and Hybrid Energy Storage", J. Energy Storage (2021), 35, 102340.
- B. Rai, P. V. Sarma, V. Srinivasan, M. M. Shaijumon, and S. S. Ramamurthy,
"Engineering of Exciton-Plasmon Coupling using 2D-WS2 Nanosheets for 1000-fold Fluorescence Enhancement in Surface Plasmon-Coupled Emission Platform."
Langmuir (2021), 37, 5, 1954–1960.
- K.P. Lakshmi, R. Deivanayagam, and M M Shaijumon, “Carbon nanotube ‘wired’ octahedral Sb2O3/graphene aerogel as efficient anode material for sodium and lithium ion batteries”, J. Alloys. Compd., (2021), 857, 158267.
- Mihir Kumar Jha, Binson Babu, Bradyn Parker, Vishnu Surendran, Neil R. Cameron, M M Shaijumon, and Chandramouli Subramaniam, “Hierarchically engineered nanocarbon florets as bifunctional electrode material for adsorptive and intercalative energy storage”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, (2020), 12, 42669–42677.
- Thazhe Veettil Vineesh, U.V Anagha, Naduvile Purayil Dileep, Haritha Janardhanan, Jyothish Nambeesan, Manikoth M. Shaijumon, “Enhanced Bifunctional Catalytic Activity of Cobalt Phosphide Flowers Anchored N‐Doped Reduced Graphene Oxide for Hydrogen and Oxygen Evolution”, ChemElectroChem, (2020), 7, 3319.
- Ranjith Prasannachandran, T. V. Vineesh,M.B.Lithin,R. Nandakishore, M. M. Shaijumon, “Phosphorene quantum dot interspersed few-layered MoS2 hybrids as efficient bifunctional electrocatalysts for hydrogen and oxygen evolution”,ChemComm, (2020), 56, 8623-8626.
- P.V. Sarma, T.V.Vineesh, R.Kumar, V.Sreepal, R.Prasannachandran, A.K. Singh, and M.M. Shaijumon, "Nanostructured Tungsten Oxysulfide as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, ACS Catalysis (2020), 10,6753–6762.
- P. K. Anjana, Binson Babu, M. M. Shaijumon and Thirumurugan Alagarsamy, "Li‐Ion‐Based Electrochemical Energy Storage in a Layered Vanadium Formate Coordination Polymer", ChemPlusChem (2020), 85 , 1137.
- Binson Babu and M. M. Shaijumon, "Studies on kinetics and diffusion characteristics of lithium ions in TiNb2O7”, Electrochim. Acta, (2020), 345, 136208.
- Naduvile Purayil Dileep, Thazhe Veettil Vineesh, Prasad V. Sarma, Muhsin V. Chalil, Ciril Samuel Prasad, M. M. Shaijumon "Electrochemically Exfoliated β-Co(OH)2 Nanostructures for Enhanced Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalysis", ACS Applied Energy Mater., (2020), 3, 1461-1467.
- Prasad Sarma, Arijit kayal,Chithra Sharma, Madhu Thalakulam, Joy Mitra and M M Shaijumon, "Electrocatalysis on Edge-Rich Spiral WS2 for Hydrogen Evolution", ACS Nano (2019), 13, 10448 (Cover page).
- K. P. Lakshmi, K. J. Janas and M. M. Shaijumon,Antimony oxychloride embedded graphene nanocomposite as efficient cathode material for chloride ion batteries', Journal of Power Sources, (2019), 433, 126685.
- Barman Prahalad Kanti, Prasad V Sarma, M M Shaijumon, and R N Kini. “High Degree of Circular Polarization in WS2 Spiral Nanostructures Induced by Broken Symmetry.” Scientific Reports (2019), 9, 2784.
- Shibu P.Varghese, Binson Babu, Ranjith Prasannachandran, Rosy Antony and M.M.Shaijumon, "Enhanced Electrochemical Properties of Mn3O4/graphene nanocomposite as efficient anode material for lithium ion batteries", Journal of Alloys and Compounds (2019), 780, 588-596.
- Ranjith Prasannachandran, Thazhe Veettil Vineesh, Athira Anil, B. Murali Krishna, and Manikoth M. Shaijumon, "Functionalized Phosphorene Quantum Dots as Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Evolution Reaction", ACS Nano (2018), 12, 11511−11519.
- Prasad VS, C.S. Tiwari, S. Radhakrishnan, P. M. Ajayan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Oxygen incorporated WS2 Nanoclusters with Superior Electrocatalytic Properties for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction", Nanoscale (2018), 10, 9516-9524.
- B.Binson, S. Ullattil, R. Prasannachandran, J. Kavil, P. Periyat and M. M. Shaijumon, "Ti3+ induced Brown TiO2 Nanotubes for High Performance Sodium Ion Hybrid Capacitors", ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering (2018), 6, 4, 5401-5412.
- K. P. Lakshmi, K. J. Janas and M. M. Shaijumon, 'Antimony Oxychloride/Graphene Aerogel Composite as Anode Material for Sodium and Lithium Ion Batteries', Carbon 131 (2018) 86 - 93.
- Swetha Bhat, Binson Babu, M. Feygenson, Joerg C. Neuefeind, and M. M. Shaijumon, "Nanostructured Na2Ti9O19 for Hybrid Sodium-Ion Capacitors with Excellent Rate Capability", ACS Applied Mater. Interfaces, (2018), 10, 437−447.
- H. Banda, D. Damien, K. Nagarajan, Ashish Raj, M. Hariharan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Twisted Perylene Diimides with tunable redox properties for Organic Sodium-Ion Batteries" Adv. Energy Mater., (2017), 7, 1701316 , (Video Abstract)
- D. Damien, A. Anil, D. Chatterjee and M. M. Shaijumon, "Direct deposition of MoSe2 nanocrystal onto conducting substrates: Towards ultra-efficient electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction", J. Mater. Chem. A , (2017), 5, 13364. [Front cover page]
- B. Babu and M. M. Shaijumon, "High performance sodium-ion hybrid capacitor based on Na2Ti2O4(OH)2 nanostructures", J. Power Sources, (2017), 353, 85-94.
- O. V. Manila, A. Anil, M. M. Shaijumon, V. K. Pillai and S. Alwarappan, "A single step electrochemical synthesis of WS2 quantum dots", Chem. Eur. J. , (2017), 23, 9144-9148.
- B. Vedhanarayanan, B. Babu, M. M. Shaijumon and A. Ajayaghosh, "Exfoliation of reduced graphene oxide with self-assembled π-gelators for improved electrochemical performance", ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, (2017), 9, 19417-19426.
- A. Ganesan, A. Varzi, S. Passerini and M. M. Shaijumon, "Graphene derived carbon confined cathodes for Li-S batteries: Electrochemical impedance studies", Electrochim. Acta, (2016), 214, 129-138
- A. Prathap, M. M. Shaijumon and K. M. Sureshan, "Cao nanocrystals grown over SiO2 microtubes for efficient CO2 capture: organogel sets the platform", Chem. Commun., (2016), 52, 1342-1345
- Binson Babu, P. G. Lashmi, and M. M. Shaijumon, "Li-ion capacitor based on activated rice husk derived porous carbon with improved electrochemical performance", Electrochim. Acta, (2016), 211, 289-296
- D. Damien, Anjusree, Sreekumaran Nair and M. M. Shaijumon, "TiO2 fiber/particle nanohybrids as efficient anodes for Lithium ion battery", RSC Adv., (2016), 6, 45802-45808
- P. Manikandan, D. Ramasubramonian, and M. M. Shaijumon, "Layered P2-type Na0.5Ni0.25Mn0.75O2 as a high performance cathode material for Sodium-ion batteries", Electrochim. Acta, (2016), 206, 199-206
- Prasad V. Sarma, P. Patil, P. K. Barman, R. N. Kini and M. M. Shaijumon, "Controllable growth of few-layer spiral WS2", RSC Adv., (2016), 6, 376-382
- G. Binitha, A. G. Ashish, D. Ramasubramonian, P. Manikandan and M. M. Shaijumon, "3-D Interconnected networks of graphene and flower-like cobalt oxide microstructures with improved lithium storage", Adv. Mater. Interfaces, (2016), 3, 1500419 [Cover page]
- Aswathi Ganesan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Activated graphene derived porous carbon with exceptional gas adsorption properties", Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., (2016), 220, 21-27
- P. Arunkumar, A.G. Ashish, B. Babu, Som Sarang, Abhin Suresh, Chithra Sharma, M. Thalakulam and M. M. Shaijumon, "Nb2O5/Graphene nanocomposites for electrochemical energy storage", RSC Advances, (2015), 5, 59997-60004
- A.G. Ashish, P. Arunkumar, B. Babu, P. Manikandan, Som Sarang and M. M. Shaijumon, "TiNb2O7/Graphene hybrid material as anode for Li-ion batteries", Electrochimica Acta, (2015), 176, 285-292
- H. Banda, D. Damien, K. Nagarajan, M. Hariharan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Polyimide based all-organic Sodium-ion battery", J. Mater. Chem. A, (2015), 3, 10453-10458
- D. Gopalakrishnan, D. Damien, B. Li, H. Gullapalli, V. K. Pillai, P. M. Ajayan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Electrochemical synthesis of Luminescent MoS2 quantum dots", Chem. Commun., (2015), 51, 6293-6296. [cover page]
- T. P. Gujarati, A. G. Ashish, Maniratnam Rai and M. M. Shaijumon, "Highly ordered vertical arrays of TiO2/ZnO hybrid nanowires: Synthesis and Electrochemical characterization", J. Nanosci. Nanotech., (2015), 15, 5833-5839.
- A. Ganesan, R. Mukherjee, Jyotishraj and M. M. Shaijumon, "Nanoporous rice husk derived carbon for gas storage and electrochemical energy storage", J. Porous Mater., (2014), 21, 839-847.
- D. Gopalakrishnan, D. Damien and M. M. Shaijumon, "MoS2 quantum dot interspersed MoS2 nanosheets", ACS Nano, (2014), 8, 5297-5303.
- D. Damien, P. M. Sudeep, T. N. Narayanan, M.R. Anantharaman, P. M. Ajayan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Flourinated graphene-based electrodes for high performance primary Lithium batteries", RSC Advances, (2013), 3, 25702-25706.
- P. Sharma, D. Damien, K. Nagarajan, M. M. Shaijumon and M. Hariharan, "Perylene-polyimide based organic electrode materials for rechargeable Lithium batteries", J. Phys. Chem. Lett., (2013), 4, 3192-3197.
- P. M. Sudeep, T.N. Narayanan, Aswathi G, M. M. Shaijumon, P. M. Ajayan et al., 'Covalently interconnected 3-D Graphene Oxide solids', ACS Nano, (2013), 7, 7034-7040.
- Dijo Damien, Binson Babu, T. N. Narayanan, A.L.M.Reddy, P. M. Ajayan and M. M. Shaijumon, "Eco-efficient synthesis of graphene nanoribbons and their application in supercapacitors" Graphene, (2013), 1, 37-44.
- A.L.M. Reddy, S. Gowda, M.M. Shaijumon and P.M. Ajayan, 'Hybrid nanostructures for Energy Storage Applications' Adv. Mater. (2012), DOI:10.1002/adma.201104502 - Invited Review Article.
- M. Roberts, J. Owen, M. M. Shaijumon, P. Simon et al., "3D lithium ion batteries - from fundamentals to fabrication" J. Mater. Chem., (2011), DOI:10.1039/c0jm04396f.
Prior to Joining IISER (Before 2011)
- S. R. Gowda, A. L. M. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci and P. M. Ajayan, "Conformal of coating of thinn polymer electrolyte layer on nanostructured electrode materials for 3D Battery applications" Nano Lett., (2011), 11, 101-106.
- M. M. Shaijumon, E. Perre, B. Daffos, P.-L. Taberna, J. -M. Tarascon and P. Simon" Nanoarchitectured 3-dimensional cathodes for Li-ion microbatteries" Adv. Mater., (2010), 22, 4978-4981.
- A. L. M. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, N. Rajalakshmi and S. Ramaprabhu, "Performance of PEM Fuel Cells using Pt/MWNT-Pt/C composites as electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction reaction in PEM Fuel Cells" J. Fuel Cell Sci. Technol., (2010), 7, 021001.
- A. L. M. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, S. R. Gowda and P. M. Ajayan, "Multisegmented Au-MnO2/CNT hybrid co-axial arrays for high power supercapacitor applications" J. Phys. Chem. C, (2009), 114, 658-663.
- T. N. Narayanan, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci, P. M. Ajayan and M. R. Anantharaman, "Synthesis of Ni@Co core-shell nanorods and studies on their structural and magnetic properties" Nanoscale Res. Lett., (2010), 5, 164-168.
- A. L. M. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, S. R. Gowda and P. M. Ajayan, " Co-axial MnO2/CNT array electrodes for high performance Li batteries" Nano Lett., (2009), 9, 1002-1006.
- T. N. Narayanan, A. P. Reena Mary, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci, P. M. Ajayan, and M. R. Anantharaman, “Carbon nanotube-iron oxide composite produced by filling multiwall carbon nanotubes with aqueous ferrofluid” Nanotechnology 20, 055607 (2009)
- T N Narayanan, Vijutha Sunny, M M Shaijumon, P M Ajayan, and M R Anantharaman, “Enhanced Microwave absorption in Nickel filled Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes in the S band” Electrochem. Solid State Lett. 12 (4), K21-K24 (2009)
- T N Narayanan, Reena Mary, M M Shaijumon, L. Ci, P M Ajayan, and M R Anantharaman, “On the synthesis and magnetic properties of CNT-superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle composities” Nanotechnology 20, 055607 (2009)
- T. N. Narayanan, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci, P. M. Ajayan and M. R. Anantharaman, "On the growth mechansim of nickel and cobalt nanowires and comparison of their magnetic properties" Nano Research 1, 465 (2008)
- T. N. Narayanan, M. M. Shaijumon, P. M. Ajayan and M. R. Anantharaman, "Synthesis of High Coercivity Cobalt Nanotubes with Acetate Precursors and Elucidation of the Mechanism of Growth" J. Phys. Chem. C 112, 14281 (2008)
- F. S. Ou, M. M. Shaijumon and P. M. Ajayan. "Controlled manipulation of giant hybrid inorganic assemblies" Nano Lett. 8, 1853 (2008).
- M. M. Shaijumon, F. S. Ou, L. Ci, and P. M. Ajayan. "Synthesis of hybrid nanowire arrays and their application as high power supercapacitor electrodes" Chem. Comm. 20, 2373 (2008).
- R. B. Rakhi, A. L. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, K. Sethupati and S. Ramaprabhu, "Electron field emitters based on multi-walled carbon nanotubes decorated with nanoscale metal clusters" J. Nanopart. Res. 10, 179 (2008).
- N. Jha, A.L.M. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, N. Rajalakshmi and S. Ramaprabhu, "Pt-Ru/multi-walled carbon nanotubes as electrocatalysts for direct methanol fuel cell" I. J. Hyd. Energy 33, 427 (2008).
- L. Ci, M. M. Shaijumon, X. Li, R. Vajtai and P. M. Ajayan. “Ultra-thick Freestanding Aligned Carbon Nanotube Films by a Self-releasing Technique” Adv. Mater. 19, 3300 (2007).
- P. Victor, M. M. Shaijumon, A. Kumar, S. Murugesan, L. Ci, R. Vajtai, R. Linhardt, O. Nalamasu,P. M. Ajayan. “Flexible Energy storage devices based on nanocomposite paper” PNAS 104, 13574 (2007).
- F. S. Ou, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci, and P. M. Ajayan. "Template assembly of tube-in-tube carbon nanotubes grown using Cu as catalyst" Carbon 45, 1713 (2007).
- F. S. Ou, M. M. Shaijumon, L. Ci, D. Benicewicz, R. Vajtai and P. M. Ajayan. "Multi-segmented 1-dimensional hybrid structures of carbon nanotube and metal nanowires" Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 243122 (2006).
- M. M. Shaijumon, A. L. Reddy and S. Ramaprabhu. "A single-step process for the synthesis of CNTs and metal/alloy-filled MWNTs" Nanoscale Res. Lett. 2, 75 (2007).
- K. C. Jena, P. B. Bisht, M. M. Shaijumon and S. Ramaprabhu. “Study of optical nonlinearity of functionalized multi-wall carbon nanotubes by using degenerate four wave mixing and Z-scan techniques” Optics Communications 273, 153 (2007).
- S. Talapatra, S. Kar, S. K. Pal, R. Vajtai, L. Ci, P. Victor, M. M. Shaijumon, S. Kaur, O. Nalamasu and P. M. Ajayan. "Direct growth of aligned carbon nanotubes on bulk metals" Nature Nanotechnology. 1, 112 (2006)
- A. L. Reddy, M. M. Shaijumon, N. Rajalakshmi and S. Ramaprabhu. "Alloy hydride catalyst route for the synthesis of SWNTs, MWNTs and magnetic metal-filled MWNTs" Nanotechnology 17, 5299 (2006)
- M. M. Shaijumon, N. Rajalakshmi and S. Ramaprabhu. "Pt/MWNTs-Pt/C composites as electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction in PEM Fuel cell" Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 253105 (2006).
- M. M. Shaijumon, N. Rajalakshmi H. Ryu and S. Ramaprabhu. "Synthesis of MWNTs in high yield using Mm based AB2 alloy hydride catalyst and the effect of purification on their hydrogen adsorption properties" Nanotechnology 16, 518 (2005)
- N. Rajalakshmi, H. Ryu, M. M. Shaijumon and S. Ramaprabhu. "Performance of PEM Fuel cells with CNTs as oxygen reduction catalyst support material" J. Power Sources 140, 250 (2005)
- M. M. Shaijumon, N. Bejoy and S. Ramaprabhu. "Catalytic growth of CNTs over Ni/Cr HT-type clay and their hydrogen storage properties" Appl. Surf. Science 242, 192 (2005)
- M. M. Shaijumon and S. Ramaprabhu. "Studies of yield and nature of carbon nanostructures synthesized by pyrolysis of ferrocene and hydrogen adsorption studies of CNTs" Int. J. Hyd. Energy 30, 311 (2005)
- M. M. Shaijumon and S. Ramaprabhu. "Synthesis of CNTs by pyrolysis of acetylene using alloy hydride materials as catalyst and their hydrogen adsorption studies" Chem. Phys. Lett. 374, 513 (2003)